GST - To ensure timely compliance, Government to imposed time limit of 30 days on reporting invoices on the e-invoice IRP portals
Key Pointers –
- The Government has imposed time limit on reporting invoices older than 30 days on the date of reporting older than 30 days on the date of reporting.
- it is proposed to implement it from 1st November 2023 onwards.
- This will apply to the all document types like Invoices/Credit note/Debit note, for which IRN is to be generated.
- The validation built into the invoice registration portals will disallow the user from reporting the invoice after the 30 days window. Hence, it is essential for taxpayers to ensure that they report the invoice within the 30 days window provided by the new time limit.
- It is further to clarify that there will be no such reporting restriction on taxpayers with AATO less than 100 crores, as of now.