Custom – CBIC issued Amendment to earlier Instructions issued regarding extension of requirement of Health Certificate accompanied with the import of food consignments-reg. – [Instruction attached]
Order date – 28 November 2022
Key Pointers –
- Reference is drawn to Board’s Instruction No 18/2022-Customs dated 12.08.2022 and 26/2022-Customs dated 06.10.2022 relating to the requirement of Health Certificate to be accompanied with the import of certain food consignments, based on a reference from FSSAI.
- FSSAI issued clarification vide its order dated 03.08.2022 for requirement of Health Certificate accompanied with the import of food consignments-reg, which provides that the imported food consignment of (i) Milk and Milk product, (ii) Pork and Pork product and (iii) Fish and Fish products shall be accompanied by a Health Certificate issued by Competent Authority of exporting country as per the format.
- Further on 26.09.2022 clarified that the above order was notified for the comments of WTO member countries and stated that Sanitary/Veterinary Certificate is already issued for this by Competent Authority of exporting country.
- Thus an integrated/single certificate incorporating food safety requirements is accepted by FSSAI at the time of import clearance.
- Subsequently on 27.10.2022 in respect of implementation time, it has been decided that the implementation date shall be extended by two months and the order will be now effective from 1st January 2023.