Customs – CBIC issued Circular on Customs (Assistance in Value Declaration of Identified Imported Goods) Rules, 2023 (CAVR, 2023) to come effect from 11th February 2023 – reg. [Circular attached]
Order date – 11 January 2023
Circular No. 01/2023-Customs dated 11 January 2023
Key Pointers –
- The CAVR, 2023 can be applied only by following the processes referred in the rules.
- The rules provide guidance to both, the person making the reference to the Board, as well as in the undertaking of detailed examination. The Screening Committee is the higher-level Committee. It recommends a report to the Board, which has been confirmed to be complete in terms of the rules. The nature & content of report/recommendations to be made by the Committees has been specified in the rules 8 and 9.
- The rule 10 provides that the Board is to consider the recommendation and if satisfied that the recommended report should be accepted, it may issue suitable Order specifying the identified goods as well as the additional exceptions thereto
- As provided in rule 15, with effect from a date as may be specified by Board, the processes specified in rules 6, 7, 8, 9 and rule 12 shall be enabled and processed on an electronic application, set up and maintained by the Directorate General of Valuation. This date shall be specified once the said electronic application is developed and made live.
- The rule provides that where the proper officer still has reasonable doubt about the truth or accuracy of the value declared in relation to the identified goods, the further proceedings shall be in accordance with rule 12 of CVR, 2007 only.
- The operation of the CAVR, 2023 dated 11th January 2023 shall come into effect on 11th February 2023.